Read my top 8 tips to ensure that your business thrives and prospers!
1. Spot a Niche: Concentrate on a small market niche and stick to what you know best and aim to become an expert in this field.
2. You may only be small – but remember to think big: Although many small businesses will begin questioning whether they can compete against the big boys, it is clear they have many advantages. For instance; they are able to respond quicker, provide a personalised approach/ service and be more flexible. Make sure you exploit these areas.
3. Reputation: It is crucial that you build a first class reputation for the services and products which you supply. There are 2 factors which guarantee success: excellent service and an exceptional quality of goods.
4. Continual Improvement: You will be left behind if you do not keep on top of improving and furthering your services. You must think of new ideas and solutions constantly.
5. Be Different: Copycatting products will not work, you need present the advantages of your unique products and how they will benefit and impact your client.
6. First Impressions are Vital: Quality and accuracy from the onset are essential as you are not given a second opportunity to make that all important first impression.
7. Pay Attention to your Customers: By focusing on your customers, you will find you are recommended to others and your customers remain loyal to you. At the end of the day recommendations are the cheapest form of marketing.
8. Plan to Succeed: Planning helps you to succeed and work out your business concepts, predict future sales, estimate costs and take a control of risks. Planning shows you where you are heading and how you will get there.